GORT NATIONAL SCHOOL
- Gort National School is a Catholic school always endeavouring to be Life-Giving and having Christ at the centre of our lives. We are a Faith Community, where the Gospel values give meaning to all our policies and practices and where our religious spirit informs and vivifies the whole life of the school.
- Whilst the school is vested in the local Bishop and is de facto Catholic in ethos, nevertheless all denominations are welcome and the teaching staff is committed to the fostering of religious tolerance. Gort National School strives to provide a well-ordered, caring, happy and secure atmosphere where the intellectual, spiritual, physical, moral and cultural needs of the pupils are identified and addressed.
- Every child has a right to equal opportunity in education. We cater for the full and harmonious development of each child by recognizing their physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual needs.
- We inculcate the practice of charity, justice, truth, patience, temperance, obedience, forgiveness and a self-discipline which are all vital for growth and development. We try to help the children to understand the statement: “Discipline gives freedom”, providing them with an environment where discipline is important for each one’s safety, comfort and opportunity to learn and communicate.
- Our school endeavours to enable the children to live full lives as children helping them to view knowledge as a key to life thus preparing them to live full lives as adults.
- We encourage them to live in respectful and reverent relationships with each other and with all creation, nurturing in them a respect for life and for the world around them.
- Gort National School is committed to ongoing whole school development in collaboration and partnership with the Department of Education, The Board of Management, Staff, Parents and the Wider Community.
- We encourage, draw forth and develop even the faintest talent, always putting the emphasis on the child doing its best and never just on the best.
Our School motto is: – “Ar scáth a chéile”